Table of Contents
Sonic the Hedgehog™ Classic APK Review
Sonic the Hedgehog Mod APK Game is the first game of the saga of SEGA’s famous spiky hero released in 1991 for Mega Drive/Genesis – and the company’s original standard-bearer thanks to being a well-rounded game in all sort of ways.
This port isn’t a simple replica run over an emulator. In fact the original code has been modified to offer substantial upgrades in the Android adaptation, like a panoramic resolution that doesn’t stretch the image or fudge the aspect ratio. Plus it’s got the option to unlock Tails and Knuckles in the first installment, something seen only in hacked versions of the Sonic & Knuckles combo, a cartridge that had an extra expansion slot to hook up the other 16-bit games from the saga.
Beyond that, the game is practically identical to the original: you’ve got to trek through eight worlds made up of three levels each in your attempt to get back the jewels from the chaotic clutches of Dr. Eggman/Robotnik. Warning: you may well tear up a little explaining this premise decades later to a new generation of gamers coming at this classic for the first time.
The game makes up part of the so-called SEGA Forever line, a series of games for mobile devices officially released by the company that are both identical in gameplay to the originals and offer the chance to customize the touch controls and even save your progress at any time. All are free-to-play, meaning you’ll simply see a few ads in the start menu. Once you start playing there are no banners or anything of the sort to slow down your experience.
Game Features :
- Sonic is Now Optimized for Mobile. Sonic The Hedgehog now plays in widescreen at a smooth 60FPS offering unrivaled performance and the game’s legendary soundtrack has been fully re-mastered.
- Gotta Go Fast! Challenge yourself with the all-new Time Attack game mode.
- New Playable Characters! Play as Sonic’s friends Tails and Knuckles for the first time. Use their unique abilities to fly, climb, and glide around levels offering exciting new ways to explore.
- Classic Arcade Games. If you love classic games from the 90’s, you’ll have a blast playing Sonic the Hedgehog. The classic SEGA game, remastered for mobile devices brings you the best classic gameplay and optimizes the arcade experience!
- Video Game Controller Support. Sonic The Hedgehog on Android offers exclusive support for the Power A Moga, Nyko, XBOX, and all HID controllers.
Play the original Sonic the Hedgehog arcade game from SEGA! The fun classic arcade game that started it all is back for your mobile device! Run, jump and race through fun courses and levels. Unlock Sonic’s friends, including Tails and Knuckles!
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG VIDEO GAME TRIVIA
– Sonic Jam contained the first release of Sonic The Hedgehog that gave Sonic his spin dash move, which returns again in this mobile game remake!
– Sonic The Hedgehog was released in video game arcades on SEGA’s Mega-Tech and Mega Play systems.
– While “Eggman” is Dr. Robotnik’s nickname in the West, “Eggman” is his actual name in Japan.
– – – –
Sonic The Hedgehog Classic is ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play is available with an in-app purchase.
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Sonic the Hedgehog, SEGA Forever, and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA CORPORATION or its affiliates.
Bug fixes and refinements